2023-2024 FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS OPEN JANUARY 16, 2023.
Tuition Assistance Application for Brooklyn and Queens Catholic Elementary Schools and Academies, Grades K – 8 (ESPAÑOL)
2023-2024 Futures in Education
Financial Aid Application Information
for Brooklyn and Queens Catholic Elementary Schools and Academies, Grades K-8
Futures in Education is proud to provide partial tuition assistance for families demonstrating financial need, and who meet eligibility requirements, to attend a Catholic academy or school in Brooklyn or Queens. We are also a proud partner with Children’s Scholarship Fund, which administers the Teddy J. Forstmann and Bishop’s Scholarship programs.
Families requesting tuition assistance must complete a financial aid application with Futures in Education through our third-party vendor, FACTS AND submit supporting documentation, which will be used to verify all application responses.
Futures in Education requires all parents, even if not living in the same household, (including guardians, stepparents and domestic partners) to submit an application or be included on the application. The person who claims the student on their taxes must be included on the application or submit their own application. When families have more than one household, each household must fill out an application.
Required supporting materials must be submitted to verify ALL sources of household income. Other documents may be requested depending on the applicant’s situation (see “Required Documents” on our website). The information provided on these applications will remain confidential.
Step 1: Register your child(ren) in a Catholic Elementary school/academy in Brooklyn or Queens; students who are not registered cannot be considered for tuition assistance.
Step 2: Fill out the online application and submit with required supporting documentation (applicants will be notified of what is required in order to complete the application).
When is the deadline?
- March 31, 2023 – Returning Families who received an award in the previous academic year.
- April 30, 2023 – New families (students who did not receive an award in previous academic year).
Applications are considered completed when all required supporting documents have been submitted. After the April 30, 2023 deadline, families will still be permitted to apply for financial aid but priority will be given to families who applied/completed before the April 30th deadline. If funding is exhausted, applicants are encouraged to reach out to the academy or school where their child is registered regarding other options that may be available.
Other Important Information:
- Once a determination of financial aid eligibility is made, families will be notified via email only.
- Only one award per student will be granted.
- There is a non-refundable $40 application processing fee payable by credit card.
- Returning Teddy J. Forstmann Award Recipients Only:
- If your child received an award last academic year through the Teddy J. Forstmann program administered by Children’s Scholarship Fund, please wait for their email (usually sent in February) informing you that their application is open. Please follow their instructions.
- Those who received Teddy J. Forstmann in the previous year, can only reapply with the Teddy J. Forstmann program, through Children’s Scholarship Fund. Do not reapply with Futures in Education.
- If you have a new sibling starting school and their older sibling was an awarded Teddy Forstmann recipient, add them to your Children’s Scholarship Fund application.
- Applications for Teddy J. Forstmann are administered by Children’s Scholarship Fund and open in February 2023.
Who is eligible?
- Scholarship awards are assessed on a needs-basis, considering household size and total annual income using the guidelines of the National School Lunch Program
- Families are required to pay a minimum of 25% of the tuition rate and must be up-to-date with their tuition.
- Income will be verified to determine eligibility and the family’s ability to contribute toward the tuition.
2023-2024 Income Eligibility Scale
Scholarship awards are assessed on a needs-basis, considering household size and total annual income using the guidelines of the National School Lunch Program. Families are required to pay a minimum of 25% of the tuition rate and must be up-to-date with their tuition. Income will be verified to determine eligibility and the family’s ability to contribute toward the tuition.
Maximum Income is Based on the Total 2022 Annual Household Income and Household Size
Household size of 2 – Up to $73,240
Household size of 3 – Up to $92,120
Household size of 4 – Up to $111,000
Household size of 5 – Up to $129,880
Household size of 6 – Up to $148,760
Household size of 7 – Up to $167,640
Household size of 8 – Up to $186,520
How are scholarships awarded?
Partial tuition scholarships are awarded up to $3,600 per student, not to exceed 75% of tuition. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility and funding availability as well as Income level and Household size
- Timing of when application is completed (with all required documents submitted)
- Notifications will be sent to families, via email, on a rolling basis approximately six weeks after completion of the application, beginning after the final deadline of April 30th.
- Eligible applicants will be awarded until funding is exhausted. The earlier an application is completed, the better the chances are to be awarded, as long as the above criteria is met.
- Although every effort is made to grant tuition assistance to all those eligible for our programs, we can only grant awards as funding permits. If we are unable to award you, please reach out to the academy or school where your child is registered regarding other options that may be available.
For more information about Futures in Education, visit futuresineducation.org
To learn more about our partners, Children’s Scholarship Fund, visit http://nyc.scholarshipfund.org/
Click here for a full list of Required and Supplemental Documents
A message to our applicants/Parents/Guardians:
By completing the Financial Aid application with Futures in Education, you are acknowledging and attesting to the following:
- I declare that all the information on the application is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and legal proof of income has been provided.
- I understand that all information provided in the application will be verified.
- Any incomplete, missing, false and/or fraudulent information or documentation on this application, missing signatures, refusal to provide adequate/legal proof of income and/or any pertinent information required to process or determine a decision on this application will be cause for automatic denial of a tuition award.
- I agree to allow my child’s picture to be taken & used for promotional and fundraising purposes.
- I agree to comply with future requests for documentation from Futures or CSF as required to effectuate the purposes of my child(ren)’s scholarship.
- Finally, I agree to release FACTS, Futures, and CSF from any and all liability in their efforts to provide a scholarship to my child(ren).