- About Us
- How You Can Help
The concept of an endowment is simple. Monies are placed in a fund and invested to generate income on an ongoing basis. The original investment, or principal, remains untouched, with only the income earned each year allocated to address the stated needs. This ensures the availability of funding long into the future. Once established, an endowment can also serve as a channel for future giving. For many years, universities and other civic institutions have used endowment funds for important, reliable means of supplementing their annual operating funds.
The Futures in Education Endowment Fund will offer such an opportunity. By placing the funds raised in an endowment, we ensure that gifts made once continue to give forever, creating a lasting legacy for Catholic education!
"We must help empower all parents, regardless of their socio-economic status, to make the best decisions when it comes to the education of their children. Catholic schools serve a strong and vital option in the spectrum of educational opportunities. We need to ensure that these schools are available and affordable for our families.”
–Most Reverend Nicholas DiMarzio, Ph.D., D.D., Bishop of Brooklyn
Income earned through the investments of the endowment will be used for the following needs:
This endowment will:
- Provide secure and perpetual funding through grants for ongoing and special needs.
- Generate income that will be used to address needs in the areas outlined. The principal of the endowment will not be touched.
- Grow with the addition of future contributions through trusts, estates and cash donations, and through the reinvestment of a portion of earned income.
- Be managed by professional investment counselors chosen by the Futures in Education Board of Trustees.
The benefits of an endowment to a donor include:
- Perpetuity: the gift continues forever – only the income is distributed, maximizing the impact of your contribution.
- Accountability: timely reporting and audits guarantee disclosure of all endowment administration and investment activities.
- Significant tax advantages: please consult your tax professional.
- A Lasting Legacy:set an example of the importance of stewardship and philanthropy for generations to come.
For more information on charitable gift planning, endowing your gifts, or how your estate planning can be greatly enhanced and enriched without disinheriting your heirs, please contact us at 718-965-7308.